Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sweet & Savory Figs

I did get a chance to make a fig dish last week, using a recipe from a blog called Vanilla & Spice. (Even though I have a cart full of cook books, I still get most of my recipes from the internet...I know a lot of people do, but it still makes me feel guilty.)  It was modified based on what was in the house and what DH will eat--no apricots, different spices, some herbs, used scallions, and some dried tomatoes I wanted to get rid of. While the result was decent, it once again confirmed I'm not a fan of mixing sweet and savory in most cases. Did really like the couscous, though. Almost forgot to take a pic, and it's not nearly as good as the one on Vanilla & Spice, but here it is.





I've never cooked fresh figs before, they definitely have a mild flavor, and don't taste like fig newtons (which are awesome). Definitely would cook them again, but maybe for dessert or one of the fig and onions tart recipes I saw while looking for this one.

There are currently stuffed peppers in the oven, so expect to see a post about that later. Hopefully there are some stuffed pepper fans out there for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment