Thursday, June 13, 2013

Method of Delivery

While today is turning out not the greatest so far, I realized something this morning about a part of the Lupa timeline I've been working on recently, which I generally (and possibly misleadingly--I don't know the end!) The End of the Lupa. I'm at a part where their species undergoes a sudden decline due to an illness that can actually kill them--only, I have to do it while they're living on a planet with pretty awesome medical technology. The problem is not why it makes them sick, despite their natural super-amazing immune system, but how the diseace comes into their city despite all kinds of medical scans and tech to make sure it doesn't get there.

The planet they're currently living on is populated by many speices--all who are the last of their kind. So you can imagine they take anything of this nature very, very seriously. How is this disease going to get into their city? I do know that the outbreak there is delayed from the main emergency on the planet, so it's going to incubate for a little bit, or possibly mutate, but that doesn't explain why it wouldn't show up on a comprehensive medical scan.

Please comment with solutions, etc., if you think of any. Sorry I don't have any pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment