Saturday, June 8, 2013

Apple Pie



As one might guess from the pie pictured above, our apartment smells good today. A week or so ago, I was touched to receive a pie plate, unicorn magnet, and some handkerchiefs which had belonged to a family friend. The pie plate even has a recipe for cherry pie right in the bottom of the plate. It's for chat room tomorrow morning, so hopefully I get a bite, but I did use a family recipe, which as far as I know came from one of my uncles. It's rather simple, and smells very good. I don't make my own crust, as I'm not that good with dough, but the rest of it is made from scratch.

There's also a cheese, chive and mustard savory quick bread, but that kind of got overshadowed by the pie. Didn't have to do flowers today, so maybe some on that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment