Monday, June 24, 2013

The Cake is Not Lie

But it is an experiment.

Since making the Paula Deen strawberry cake, which I posted about previously, I've been wondering if you can make a super moist, gelish cake by substituting the jello in the strawberry cake recipe with pudding. I have finally tried it, by adding chocolate pudding to a chocolate cake mix. While the cake is very spongy and moist, the pudding didn't have the same effect as the jello, which created a very gel-like, cool texture in the cake (perfect for summer, by the way).

I may use it as a secret ingredient for mix cakes, but it's not a must have.

We had our cake with cream cheese icing. Yum. Sorry, no picture, as the cake is already gone. However, I did see an awesome rainbow cheesecake on facebook that I'd love to try sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment