Saturday, June 15, 2013

Learning Curve




This week, I had to send my dear husband (DH) to get flowers for me, as I was in a long church meeting this morning. So he got them last night and I made the altar arrangement right after the meeting. Today's flowers were 2 dozen red roses, some very spiky white mums (I'm not sure the exact type), a blush colored statis, and some very lovely and dark colored cala lilies. 

I've also been watching a lot of floral design videos on youtube lately, and came across this video last night, in which Mandy Majerik from Mayesh Wholesale does somethings simple and interesting with them, which gave me the idea for today's arrangement. Also finally used the glitter tape I got on sale ages ago. You can't see it in this photo, but the container is just a long plastic container, which I covered in the tape and a black and silver ribbon.



Since tomorrow is Father's Day, I've also done some more cooking; homemade hamburgers are in the fridge, another apple pie (see the post from last weekend) is in the oven, and I just have a fresh summer corn salad yet to make. Possibly some pictures of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment