Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sedum and Sage



This is the arrangement for the new welcome center from this last Sunday (10/21). Watching the sedum go from light pink to this nice dark redish pink this year has been great, so I just had to use it in an arrangement. These are from my parents' gardens, as are the sage and caryopteris clandonensis, which we're not sure of the common name. They had purple flowers and are planted with the sedum, and they're really pretty together.


For the arranging, this is just an empty kitchen canister I had, and I attempted using water proof tape to grid the top, but that just turned out to be a mess, and I didn't need it anyway. And then I found a table cloth in similar colors to fold and put underneath. Since the sedum was already rather dry, I didn't want the material getting all over the new white surface on the counter. 

Now, to think of what to do this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment