Thursday, March 21, 2013

Roses are red, part 2

There are currently two sets of half a dozen roses on my kitchen table. One has neon blue food coloring, and the other regular blue. Although they were set up last night, there were no blue roses this morning. This is an experiment, so I started small. This morning I split the stems a few inches, started with fresh warm water, and added more food coloring. The curtain on our balcony is open for sunlight.

This morning wasn't very encouraging, but hopefully they will be more blue tonight. I'd be happy with spots or stripes, even. In the future, I'd like to experiment and try and get it down faster, and with the joyous light blue shade I'm looking for. It might just require quite a bit of color testing to get it.

More tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I did a monochromatic study for church this past Sunday. Ignore the mess on the counter, it was snowing and we wanted to get going before the roads got bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment